Hackney Showroom and the Hackney Showroom website (www.hackneyshowroom.com) is owned by New Future Collective Ltd and operated by New Future Collective/Hackney Showroom staff. We take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information and working with honesty, transparency and integrity. This policy sets out how the company uses the information that you provide us with to help further our work in delivering arts and cultural events to communities across East London and beyond.
New Future Collective will not sell your data to any third parties.
Data- what do we collect?
Details about yourself and information provided that identifies you, such as your name, email and phone number will only be retained by us if you provide the information when buying tickets or subscribing to our newsletter. This Personal Information will be used for operational purposes, i.e. processing orders, and marketing purposes, i.e. contacting you about our cultural programme. When you purchase tickets we will give you the option to opt out of marketing communications. Each e-mail we send you offers you the opportunity to amend these preferences, or you can ask us to do this, by e-mailing email@example.com
In order to process a transaction, your Personal Information and card details will be passed to our third party payment provider Stripe. We do not store your card details.
If you would like to revise the information provided to us at any time, or feel what we currently have on record is incorrect, you may update the information by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect it?
New Future Collective collects individual’s data in a number of different ways, for a number of different purposes- for example we will:
1) Ask for contact details when we are booking audiences or participants for activities. This will be a name, phone number, email address and occasionally an address.
2) Ask for monitoring information from audiences, participants and volunteers, which typically includes information about postcode, date of birth, sexuality, economic background, gender or ethnicity.
3) Ask audiences, participants, artists, staff and volunteers to complete evaluation to support the development of our events, workshops and training. This would typically include feedback about the activity and/or tracking changes to wellbeing, activity levels etc. as a result of taking part in the activity.
4) Ask individuals, groups or organisations who are financial supporters to give us information that allows us to administrate donations and funding. This would typically include information such as a name, contact details, address, email, telephone number and payment details.
5) Ask for contact details from audiences, participants and community members to keep them informed about our events, programmes and opportunities or fundraising initiatives. This would typically be an email address.
6) Ask for consent to collect cookies from the website to allow us to use google analytics.
Why do we collect this data?
New Future Collective collects this data for a number of specific reasons, which are as follows:
1) We ask for contact details so that we can contact you if an event is canceled or changes in some way.
2) We ask for monitoring information in order to ensure that we are reaching the target groups for our projects and services.
3) We ask for evaluation and feedback on what we do, so that we can improve our work and make a case for funding.
4) We ask for financial information if you have asked to make a donation to us so that we can carry out our charitable aims.
5) We ask for your contact details so that we can occasionally contact you via email with news about our projects and services or with suggestions of ways in which you could become involved with our work.
6) We analyse information from audiences, participants and community members to ensure that all of our communications are tailor-made to their needs, interests and requests.
7) We use google analytics to help us understand who is engaging with our website and in what way, in order to improve its functionality.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They make it possible for us to provide our online ticketing service and track visitor statistics, such as returning visitors.
This website uses the following non-essential cookies:
Google Analytics cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, so we don’t know who is using our site. We use the information on how people use our website to compile reports and to help us improve the site. You can go to http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html to find out more about Google Analytics cookies and how to opt-out of them.
Email and web tracking cookies used by New Future Collective:
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors who have subscribed to our email lists are using the website. This data is not anonymised and we use the information to help improve our email communications and target specifically-tailored messages for our email subscribers. You can review and change your settings using the link just below.
Cookies used by Twitter and Facebook
These cookies provide information on visitors to Twitter and Facebook, check whether users are logged in to either platform and sets application cookies for Twitter and Facebook.
For more information on cookies, please visit:
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
If you contact us we reserve the right to keep a record of that correspondence.
If we are required by law or requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating potentially illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so. We may also disclose Personal Information to appropriate third parties to assist in anti-fraud checks and investigations.
How we protect information
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end all Personal Information stored by us is kept on servers in a secure environment. Only employees and approved contractors/developers we may appoint from time to time, and who need the information to perform a specific job, are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Regular security reviews are held by us to ensure that the site remains safe and secure for your protection.