Hackney Showroom is looking for a dynamic and passionate freelance theatre and projects producer to run the company’s day to day theatre producing and general management responsibilities.
– producing 2 theatre shows: 1 London show & 1 UK & European tour
– managing show budgets & show schedules
– overseeing the production manager & their budget & schedule
– overseeing the marketing coordinator & their budget & schedule
– contracting freelancers, processing invoices & ordering for projects
– coordinating the ancillary projects supporting each show including an arts & mental health symposium, post show discussions, 4 community workshops & a short film
– managing grant reports & evaluations
– being a central point of contact for the company
– looking after the office and basic company admin
Skills & Experience required:
– at least 3 years working as a theatre producer
– exemplary producing and project management skills
– knowledge and experience of managing complex show & arts project budgets
– knowledge of theatre contracts & rates of pay
– highly efficient
– dynamic problem solver
– experience of Arts Council reporting and using Grantium
– interest in research & issues surrounding black mental health
Hackney Showroom warmly encourages applicants from all backgrounds and abilities.
Interview date: 5 & 6 June
Role: 2 days per week (initial 6 month contract)
Fee: £120 per day
Please send your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills and experience fit the specification to email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 31 May.