We commission, produce and programme artists that sit outside the mainstream, championing unheard voices and reflecting the cultural and social landscape of our borough and city on our stages.
Our Associate Artists programme supports artists to develop new work. We provide a platform for our artists to test out work-in-progress, space to rehearse and R&D and offer opportunities to perform at our various festivals and events throughout the year. Our associates are also instrumental in help us shape our vision for Hackney Showroom.
Resident Young Company
The Sargeant & Kavuma Project is led by two young cultural entrepreneurs, Steven Kavuma and Malakai Sargent and hosts events throughout the year.
We have a year-round programme of live performance, presenting the work of emerging and established artists and companies. We can host anything from one off performances to full runs. A good way to get us to know your work if you aren’t very established yet is to invite us to see things. If you’d like to be considered for inclusion in our programme, here are some FAQs:
Who do I contact about programming?
Our Co-Director Sam Curtis Lindsay on email@example.com
What information do you want?
– An outline of your vision for the project
– The creative team confirmed or expected
– An idea of your timeline and proposed dates
– An outline of you and your teams’ previous work
– How you propose to fund your work
– A copy of a script if available or any video content and images
Can we just hire your space?
– Yes you can and we asses each proposal on how it fits with our artistic vision
We receive a number of proposals and so it may take us up to 4 weeks to respond.